Have you ever thought that in order to be successful in your business that you need to be someone other than yourself? I know I sure have! It is soooooo easy to look at another person’s success and begin to second guess yourself.
You starting thinking things like, “Oh she is so successful because she is pretty. She is popular because she lives in NYC.” While sometimes people might like someone for those reasons, more often than not, what people are really attracted to is:
- the person’s authentic personality
- passion and confidence about their work
- their consistency in sharing it with the world.
They desire that for themselves and want to know how this person is doing it. The more you share yourself in an honest way, get excited about the work you are doing and begin to share often your own tribe will be drawn to you for showing up and being yourself. All of this requires confidence. Don’t worry if you don’t feel like you have it yet.
Today I am sharing a few tips to help you increase your confidence and also begin to act like you have it before it is completely there because trust me that is what everyone else is doing too. The results are magical!
- Take some deep breaths and then write down what you really want to share. On your blog, on social media, and in your newsletter. Notice any themes and commit to sharing them regularly.
- Check in with your passion. Are you passionate about your work? Do you believe in it? Passion can sustain you while doing something but only hoping it will make you money can be harder in the long run. Notice if changes need to be made.
- Constantly edit your thoughts and monitor your emotions. Ask yourself if any negative thought you think about yourself or your business is true. Change it into a positive one. Notice things that bring you down and remove or limit them from your life.
- Tune in everyday to yourself and your work. Find your flow and try to rest when you need to.
- If you were confident in yourself and your business, what would that look like? How would that feel? Start to visualize and tap into those feelings daily. Begin to act and live as though you are confident in yourself and your business. Edit where necessary.
- Check daily habits and your surroundings. If you are wearing clothes that make you feel “meh.” Find ones that make feel more like “Ooh la la!” Is your workspace a mess? Clear the clutter and make it a space that brings you joy. Constantly comparing yourself on social media? Limit your scrolling. Check and edit your thoughts after.
- Not confident or passionate about your work? Ask yourself if doing this regularly is something you love to do or you just are hoping to make good money. Journal. Get honest. Make adjustments where needed. Not confident? Why? Is it in supplies, your craftsmanship, or your ego? Step up in the physical areas by buying higher quality and taking classes and including those efforts in your pricing. Ego? Get some testimonials from customers or ask friends or acquaintances. Once you know that certain people dig what you do then your confidence can soar and you know who to market to.
Doing all of these things will begin having you sharing your authentic self and your passion in consistent ways that will help you feel more confident in yourself and your biz.
If any of these hit a sore spot with you or you would like me to expand on, feel free to leave a comment or get in touch. Start here and begin to see the magic unfold.